News from La Bella Italia: I'm one of the photographers on display at the Totally Lost Exhibition in Forlì, Italy. The exhibition focusses on architecture of Totalitarian Regimes of the 20th Century. I'll be showing some Balkan relics. Expo runs until the 16th of June, at Ex Deposito, Largo Savonarola in Forlì.
And some more news, this time from down under: I'm featured photographer in this month's issue of the Australian based f11 magazine with an extensive interview + showcase. Grab your online copy right here.
Proud to announce that I’m part of the official program of Erfgoeddag 2013 in Belgium. Twice. I’m participating in the group exhibition “Histories of Thought” by Chantal Pollier in the St. Baafs Abbey in Ghent, and I’m having a solo exhibition in the Norbertijner Chapel in Ghent. The expo is called “Sacrale Stilte”, focusing on all that’s religious and decaying.
Both events are part of the national Erfgoeddag Vlaanderen. Drop by if you’re in Ghent on Sunday the 21st of April.
Two of my images have been selected as winning entries at the annual Mostovna Photography contest. Winning entries will be displayed at the Tir Gallery in Nova Gorica, Slovenia, starting from February 21st till March 10th 2013. Drop by at the gallery if you're traveling Italy/Slovenia. Aperol Spritz, anyone?
Thought I’d share some great news with everyone. I’m selected for the Singapore International Photography Festival 2012! What makes this festival so darn special? The fact that’s it’s a biennial contest, worldwide, in which the jury doesn’t judge single shots or series but review a complete body of work. Their collaboration with the highly esteemed Magnum Photos tops it off.
From the 5th of October until the 17th of November 2012 my body of work will be showcased in Singapore city. After the show the exhibition will move to various countries in Asia. In case you’re travelling the orient, please drop by.
I’m out, getting a manicure.
Hi! I'm Reginald.
I'm an urban explorer
I visit abandoned places. I have a weak spot for dormant structures, mothballed monasteries, derelict castles, defunct powerstations and everything in between.
The reverb of time is my vantage point. Yay! Decay!
I scout the unknown and unseen. I know from my exploring escapades which path to take, but sometimes I will choose another. Making big drops into oblivion. Ignorance is bliss, someone once told me.
It's a childhood thing. I've been venturing down the yellow brick road known as "Forsaken" since the early eighties. I'm halfway home.
I make photographs. Capturing the sheer momentum of a fragile abandonment. Hoping to inspire and motivate via my actions. And lack of actions. Not because urban photography is currently en vogue.
And remember. Reach for the moon - and if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
This is the story of The Alchemist. The famous novel about a little shepherd boy called Santiago who went on a big journey in search of a treasure hidden inside the pyramids of Egypt. Along the way he encounters love, danger, opportunity, disaster and learns a lot about himself and the ways of the world. If he follows his heart, he shall find what he seeks: his personal legend.
My name is not Santiago, I never met any alchemists, but I’m treasure hunting as well. Frankly put, I’m after the Holy Grail that will change humanity and mankind for ever. Someone must have pinpointed that awesomeness in Google Maps, no doubt. But right now I’m still figuring out whether that darned Grail is the destination or the journey itself. I will probably never find it, and if I do it won’t change a damn thing. But hey, at least I was looking for it, and had the most amazing time pursuing it.
- Mostovna Photography Contest 2013: winner
- Singapore International Photography Festival 2012: selected for exhibition
- Wunderman Global Photography Competition 2012: shortlisted
- National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest 2012: editors' favorite submissions
- Eyes on Society Photography Contest 2012: winner
- Canvascollectie, 2012: selection first round at S.M.A.K.
- National Geographic Photography Contest 2011: editors' favorite submissions
- Cannes Lions International Festival 2011: CannesAlso, winner
- Fotofestival Knokke-Heist 2011: finalist
- World Photography Awards 2011: finalist, highly commended
- Environmental Photographer of the Year 2010: finalist, highly commended
- Canvascollectie, 2010: selection first round at S.M.A.K.
- Fotofestival Knokke-Heist 2010: finalist
- World Photography Awards 2009: amateur photo of the month
- De Film Van Mijn Leven 2009: finalist
- FWA Photo of the Day: #1, #2, #3
- Triennial Barbaix Award for Photography 2008: winner
- Canvascollectie 2008: selection first round at S.M.A.K.
- Art & Photo 2008: honorable mention from the jury
- Sacrale Stilte, Norbertijnerkapel Ghent (Sunday 21st of April, 2013)
- Tomorrow Never Knows, Godot Ghent (February 9th > March 18th 2012)
- Theater aan Zee '11, Oostende (July 28th > August 6th 2011)
- Theater aan Zee '10, Oostende (July 29th > August 7th 2010)
- Totally Lost, Ex Deposito Forlì, Italy (June 7th > June 16th 2013)
- Histories of Thought, St. Baafs Abbey Ghent (April 21st > May 12th 2013)
- TiR Gallery Nova Gorica Slovenia (February 21st > March 10th 2013)
- Art & Science Museum Singapore (October 10th > November 25th 2012)
- Jardin de Fer, Dr. Guislain Museum Gent (October 10th > November 10th 2012)
- Carré Blanc, Genappe (November 16th > November 25th 2012)
- Contrasts, Tour & Taxis Brussels (November 18th > November 20th 2011)
- Cannes Lions International Festival 2011 (June 19th > June 25th 2011)
- Fotofestival Knokke-Heist (March 2011 > June 2011)
- The Somerset House, London (April 26th > May 22nd 2011)
- The Air Gallery, London (October 25th > October 30th 2010)
- Fotofestival Knokke-Heist (March 2010 > June 2010)
- FotoMuseum Antwerp (June 2009 > September 2009)
- F11 Magazine (June 2013)
- Wunderman Global Photography Competition Book (September 2012)
- toBe Magazine (December 2011)
- RE#ARCH2020 - Architecture Magazine (September 2011)
- Verlaten Plekken, Vergeten Stemmen (August 2011)
- Cannes Lions International Festival - The Big Book (June 2011)
- World Photography Awards Book (April 2011)
- IDN03: 30 photographers, 12 countries (December 2010)
- Focale Alternative Magazine (November 2010)
- Environmental Photographer of the Year 2010 Book (October 2010)
- Beauty in Decay (August 2010)
- Denim Mag (March 2010)
- Talk Urbex Guest of the Month (November 2009)
- IDN02: 37 photographers, 12 countries (November 2009)
- Lama Magazine (July 2009)
- AS Adventure Magazine (June 2009)
- IDN01: 25 photographers, 11 countries (October 2008)
- Esquire Magazine (June 2008)
- Boondoggle Event, Grandpré France (October 2012)
- The Grand Union, London UK (September 2010)
- FullSix, Paris France (July 2009)
- Creative Social, Antwerp Belgium (May 2009)
- Adobe User Group, Ghent Belgium (April 2009)